A pioneer of specialty coffee roasting and retailing in the Seattle area, Pegasus has been small-batch roasting delicious coffee on Bainbridge Island since 1979. Our tradition of coffee excellence continues today with highly loyal customers across the grocery, restaurant, bakery, office and cafe channels, in addition to four of our own Pegasus-branded Coffee Houses and Bars. Our flagship location on Bainbridge Island The Pegasus Coffee House is a local landmark and has been in continuous operation since 1980.
We’re looking for someone to join our tight-knit, experienced and quickly growing team with similar values of hard work and integrity, bringing a detail-oriented approach, sincere effort and teamwork each and every day.
The Shift Lead will help oversee and manage the day-to-day activities of The Pegasus Coffee House on Bainbridge Island.
The Shift Lead is responsible for leading baristas on their shift in the efficient and profitable operation of our Original Coffee House, plus our weekly Farmers Market booth and any other retail operations that may arise from time to time on Bainbridge Island. Responsibilities include leading, supervising, and coaching baristas and kitchen staff, maintaining high quality cafe/store standards and conditions, and maintaining a positive environment for our customers and team members. The Shift Lead is an advocate of training, product knowledge, hospitality, and service. The Shift Lead also demonstrates and promotes, in all functions, a commitment to Pegasus Coffee’s core values.
- Ensures and accounts for profitability by maintaining inventory levels and ensuring the location(s) has the supplies needed to meet customer demand in the absence of the Assistant Manager(s);
- Ensures leading a quality training experience for new employees;
- Must become a Certified Barista through Pegasus Coffee Company certification process within 90 days of accepting the position.
- Oversees all cash and POS management functions including opening and closing procedures;
- Maintains local vendor relationships/ordering in absence of the Assistant Manager(s);
- Leads the operations, training, and product knowledge on each shift for all sales promotions, events, and new product introductions;
- Ensures the locations offer a safe and clean work environment for employees and customers
- Ensures compliance with all directives assigned by the Assistant Manager(s) regarding government regulations as they pertain to food and beverage service.
Management of Staff/Staffing:
- Responsible for training of new staff
- Communicates training needs and development of staff
- Responsible for coaching of staff to build capability
- Other duties as assigned
- Promotes and practices excellence at all levels
- Proactive in solving customer problems and satisfying customers in various situations
- Ensures all team members are committed to and demonstrate company core values
Days & Hours:
Full-time position with weekend day availability required.
Assistant Manager(s), Pegasus Coffee House
$16.50 per hour + tips
- 90-Day Check-In
- 6-month review
- Annual review with performance based wage increase
Physical Requirements Of Position
- Regular lifting, up to 50 pounds
- Stretching overhead, bending, reaching
- Standing for long periods of time
To apply, please email email@example.com with your resume, a bit about yourself and the position that you are interested in.