Pegasus Coffee Company is seeking exceptional baristas for shifts at our historic, flagship location on Bainbridge Island.
A bit about us:
Pegasus Coffee has been hand-roasting small batches of high-quality coffee on Bainbridge Island since 1979.
Pioneers from the beginning, we introduced the European-style Coffee House to the region at our first store on Bainbridge Island in 1980. Shortly thereafter, we made history when we opened the very first coffee bar in downtown Seattle.
We’re looking for new members to join our tight-knit team at our original Bainbridge location, Pegasus Coffee House. Designed in the classic European Coffee House tradition, Pegasus Coffee House has long been a friendly, if somewhat bohemian place to gather for outstanding coffee, lively discussion and the free exchange of ideas. A haven for artists, Pegasus´ walls have also long been a gallery for local art, and its front window a stage for traveling musicians and poets from across the PNW.
Come be a part of 42 years of coffee history at our iconic, brick and ivy-covered first store!
We’re seeking baristas with a range of experience, from entry-level to lead bar.
Barista job duties are as follows:
- Dial in espresso and brewed coffee offerings to general guidelines, and to taste
- Steam milk to a uniform, micro-foam consistency and present beverages with care
- Latte art skills preferred
- Serve a variety of guests (from local regulars to regional day-trippers and national/international tourists) a broad range of coffees, other beverages and food options
- Answer guest questions about our products, services, hours, and company, providing outstanding and upbeat service
- Stay familiar with our coffees and knowledgeably share our enthusiasm for them with customers
- Work collaboratively in a team environment with efficiency and fluid communication with both FOH and kitchen
- Wash dishes, mop floors, bus tables, and generally keep the shop and the coffee production area clean and inviting
- Participate in ongoing coffee trainings, cuppings and company meetings
- Be an integral part of an ambitious company, with an opportunity to grow with it
- Other duties as assigned
Days & Hours
- As scheduled Monday through Sunday based on needs of the store and your availability.
- Regular on-the-job training provided by our experienced team to develop and expand your coffee knowledge and skills.
Compensation: $14.50 + Tips.
- Hourly wages range based on experience.
- Tips are in addition to wages, and are typically generous.
Physical Requirements of Position
- Regular lifting, up to 50 pounds
- Stretching overhead, bending, reaching
- Standing for long periods of time
- Working efficiently in small prep areas
- On the job training
- Employee meals
- Employee discounts
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume, a bit about yourself and the position that you are interested in.