Baking Shift Lead at Dudes Donuts
Dude’s Donuts is a small batch, 100% plant-based and gluten free donut bakery located in Port Orchard, Washington. Recently acquired by Pegasus Coffee Company of Bainbridge Island, we are a specialty wholesale bakery, producing artisanal, allergy- and lifestyle-friendly donuts for grocery stores, coffee shops, cafes, and online pre-orders.
We’re looking for someone to join our tight-knit, quickly growing team with similar values of hard work and integrity, bringing a detail-oriented approach, sincere effort, a passion for process and innovation, and the ability to lead a team of baking assistants each and every day.
The Baking Shift Lead is responsible for leading bakers on their shift in the efficient and profitable operation of our Production Bakery. Responsibilities include leading, supervising, and coaching baking assistants, maintaining high quality kitchen standards and conditions, and promoting a positive environment for our team members. The Baking Shift Lead is an advocate of training, product knowledge, quality, cleanliness, efficiency, and hospitable service to our customers. The Baking Shift Lead also demonstrates and promotes, in all functions, a commitment to Pegasus Coffee and Dude’s Donuts core values.
- Ensures leading a quality training experience for new baking assistants;
- Responsible for end-to-end baking operations each bake for proper quantities and assortment to fulfill each customer’s order.
- Responsible for consistent execution of proprietary recipes and adherence to baking standards, including quality, taste, and visual presentation.
- Works with Operations Manager to maintain target inventory levels and ensure the bakery has the supplies needed to meet production demand with profitability in mind
- Maintains local vendor relationships/ordering in absence of the Operations Manager; ● Leads the training, education and implementation of new processes on each shift related to special sales promotions, events, and new product introductions;
- Ensures the location(s) offer a safe and clean work environment for all employees
- Ensures compliance with all directives assigned by the Operations Manager regarding government regulations as they pertain to food and beverage service
- Other related duties as assigned
Management of Baking Shift:
- Responsible for training of new staff
- Communicates training needs and development of staff to Operations Manager
- Displayed passion for ensuring process execution during each bake
- Professional and friendly demeanor
- Ability to take direction while also offering coaching and feedback to baking assistant team ● Ability to offer process and innovation feedback
- Demonstrated sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
- Dependability and strong sense of teamwork and communication skills
- Willingness to learn new skills and follow instructions
- Promotes and practices excellence at all levels
- Proactive in solving customer production problems
- Ensures all team members are committed to and demonstrate company core values
Days & Hours: Part-time position with at least 40 hours of availability per week and ability to final QC boxing and baking at the end of the baking shift; other hours for product development, training and events in Port Orchard and (from time to time) on Bainbridge Island may be required.
Reports to: Operations Manager, Dude’s Donuts World Headquarters
Compensation: $17.00 per hour
- 90-Day Check-In
- 6-month review
- Annual review with performance based wage increase
Physical Requirements Of Position
- Regular lifting, up to 50 pounds
- Stretching overhead, bending, reaching
- Standing for long periods of time
To apply, please email email@example.com with your resume, a bit about yourself, and the position that you are interested in.